WSAHCR began life in 1983 as the Puget Sound Nurse Recruiter Group, a small community of recruiters who came together to “talk shop” about their collective challenges. Our group has grown in size, stature and scope, joining with two other Puget Sound recruiter groups to form WSAHCR in 1992. In 1993 we became a chapter of the national health care recruiters organization NAHCR.
We’re now a thriving group of around eighty HR professionals from all over the state of Washington sharing information through our bi-monthly meetings and an annual retreat. At our meetings, members share current happenings and challenges in their respective organizations in a lively and supportive environment. In our “roundtable” discussions, we discuss the ups and downs of filling in-demand positions as staff moves from one institution to another. Rather than viewing each other as “competitors” for staff, we see each other as partners working together in a challenging field. We also invite guest speakers to update us on current trends and issues relevant to our members.
Our annual retreat is a popular event where members gather to gain fresh perspectives, participate in workshops and hear from keynote speakers.
See what other companies belong to WSAHCR.
Top 10 Reasons to be on the WSAHCR Board!
1. Stay engaged by keeping your eyes and ears open to the world around you. Be inspired!
2. Build your network. You can tap into your network to ask for help and advice, share resources, best practices and experience. You never know when a professional opportunity might land in your lap!
3. Keep a good thing going. WSACHR is a successful chapter in a time when other chapters are really struggling.
4. Professional self-care is important and a great resume builder!
5. Volunteering time helps support moving your community forward! Share your passion!
6. Innovation! Helping drive new ideas and innovation you’ll be seen as a leader in healthcare and a front runner in your field.
7. Hone and develop new leadership skills through collaboration, leading groups, driving and supporting initiatives!
8. Learn how others are working across their organization to strengthen their recruiting edge.
9. Face it, recruiters are FUN!
10. PHR, SHRM, CHCR all recognize WSAHCR board or committee members with credits toward your recertification! Plus our Annual Educational Retreat can be eligible for CEU’s!
Board members – 2021
Our board members are elected to represent and guide our organization as we promote best practices in health care recruitment.